Thursday, November 30, 2006

Opening Day and Surprises!

From day one when we heard we were getting our own professional football stadium, we’ve been excited for Cardinal Staduim (Owned by University of Phoenix by the way) to finish being built. We may not have the best team in the NFL, or really even a good team (Dave and I in the middle) at all, but we sure were gonna have a pretty stadium to watch them lose in! Already tickets were sold out for the entire season so it would be near impossible to get into a game, let alone the opening day game. My good friend Dave (seated to my right) called me a few nights before the first day and asked if I wanted to serve beer and nachos to people and do it for free. But we’d have the opportunity to see the new stadium in it’s awe. Well I’m more than willing to help out a charity especially if it meant getting in on the opening day fun. Our hotdog buttons didn’t work, we slipped on more than enough nacho cheese to cover the floor, our hands smelled of soda and beer and we had people literally throwing tips at us because we told them we wouldn’t accept any. It reminded me of when I was 16 and worked concession for my first job at Harkins Theater. But this was way more fun. With a 21-13 win against the Pittsburgh Steelers and our bodies aching almost as much as the football players, our day was finaly done!
This seemed like the year for birthday surprises, so when my best friend Shauna’s birthday hit, we couldn’t do anything less for her. Shauna, pictured in the middle, and her roommate Shauna, to her right, couldn’t believe we pulled it off. The whole day I ignored her calls and pretended to be ‘extra’ busy.
I had even apologized and said I had forgotten it was her birthday but that we would throw something together for her. She thought we were just going to the Cheesecake factory so she was more than overwhelmed to find close to 100 people waiting in a dark room for her! Clearly the best night of her life!


I played matchmaker this year too! Two of my best friends Scott and Teresa. It just took a little plotting and planning to finally get these two together and let's see, they dated for 9 days, were engaged by the 10th day, and were married two months later. Man, when it's right, it's right, and when you're doing what you're suppose to... miracles! They are the freak'n cutest couple and I love them!!

No comments: