Thursday, November 30, 2006

Best Summer of My Life

Best summer of my life...






It was nearing 110 degrees, my tan was at its darkest ever, I had just broken up with the latest disaster and I was dreading everyday making the hour long drive to Scottsdale just to sit in an office doing... well, I don't really know what I did at work. My bones were stirring and I was ready to play! After calling it quits with the guy I thought was my boyfriend, I felt like I needed a fresh new start. I was sitting at my girlfriend’s house on Sunday night crying on her shoulder wondering what my next move should be; the thought came to me to quit my job. I always say that jobs are like boyfriends~ you should never quit one without having another one lined up. Well here I was, (Samuel~age 4) boyfriendless, jobless, moneyless but thankfully not homeless. For the past six months prior we had just put all our efforts into adding onto my grandma's house for my parents to move in and remodeling the guest house on their acre lot for me to move into. I came home the next day and told my mom that I had quit my job. She just gave me the 'What the hell were you thinking?' look. I know it was irresponsible (Samuel and David~ age 4) but I told her the Spirit prompted me and I felt it was the right decision so she couldn't argue with that. Of course I was on the job search but I was excited for the newly given open schedule to work on my tan, go swimming everyday, and hit the gym four or five times a week. The same week that this all happened, my sister Cynthia decided to sell her daycare business, and my brother (Matthew~ age 20 mo.) Jared also decided to look for another job in the same field of landscaping. As a joke, we called each other up excited and planned to all go job hunting together! In the meantime, I spent my days taking my nieces and nephews to their swim lessons and taking them to afternoon movies to see Nachoooooo Libre (best movie of the summer!) and Garfield. Veronica and I were a little bored in Sonya's movie so we entertained ourselves by guessing which JellyBelly's were the gross ones and then forcing each other to eat them by hiding it in the popcorn. Get that corn outta my face! I had so much fun spending time with 'my girls' and I soaked up (Jeffery~ age 15 mo.) every minute of it. When Samuel wasn't 'flirting' with the lifeguards he was making me proud by learning to swim all by himself. At the beginning of the summer he wouldn't dare move away from the first two steps in the pool, but by the end of the lessons he was jumping off the edge and having races with his cousin. My sister-in-law Jeanette had just had baby Hailey making our (Cousins) niece and nephew count to #9. I finally pulled her outside and we took all the kids to the pool. I couldn't believe I had been so blessed to be able to have my days available to bond with these little personalities and watch them grow and really just have so much fun with them.
Well I wasn't the only one who wanted in on the action with the kids. My step dad John had just started his own business selling fire exstiquishers so he could make his schedule to fit around afternoon activities as well. He called me up one night and asked if I wanted to go to the circus with him and Mom and the kids. Are you kidding me! The circus! Heck yes! I think I remember going once when I was a kid but it was still just as exciting to go again and even more fun because we took the kids with us. Everytime my friend Shauna would call me, it was usually between business meetings for (Samuel, Sonya, me and Mom) her or just after she'd had lunch with a client. But for me, she'd always call just after we got out of the pool, or the movies, or I'd say I was on my way to somewhere fun with the kids. She just kept telling me that I was spoiled, but I told her I was blessed. I probably would get a job soon and wouldn't have the opportunity to spend so much time with my family so I was going to take advantage of it as much as I could. Hence, her and I adopted the phrase, 'Best summer of my life.' So my summer was off to a pretty good start I'd have to say, but it was just the beginning. There obviously are a ton more little things such as trips, meeting tons of new people, boys, boys, and more boys that made my summer full of fun, excitement, and laughter, but I'll just hit the highlights of this year and hope that I can squeeze it all in!

1 comment:

Britt said...

OH honey.. I had no idea that you've had soo much on your plate. MEE TOO!! Goodness. Well, let me know if you need anything from your online stalker friend.. ;)